Thursday, May 5, 2011

Premier's Reading Challenge!

Are you up for a challenge?

Some classes at St Francis Xavier have entered the 2011 Premier's Reading Challenge.  I have registered our class.

Your challenge is to read 15 novels between Monday 9th May to Friday 27th August.  This might seem like a lot of books but don't panic!  You have over 3 months to read this many.

You have been given a "Reading Record" that you need to keep and fill out as you read.  This needs to be signed by a witness - either your parent or another adult.  Once you have meet the challenge, I will enter the details online.

In September or October, you will receive a certificate from the Queensland Premier's Office congratulating you on reaching your goal.  There are also prizes that can be won too!

For more information click on the links below:

About the Premier's Reading Challenge

Information for Students

Here is a reading list of possible books you can read.  You may choose other books but make sure they are novels.

Reading List Year 3 to 5

Reading List Year 5 to 7

Good luck and happy reading!

Mrs Smith

5 comments:

  1. How is everyone going with the Premier's Reading Challenge?

    ReplyDelete
  2. At the moment i'm reading two books for the premiers reading challenge!!!!!!!!!!!

    Let's get reading!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



    ChArLoTtE

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've read 1 book and i'm still reading the same two books. I'm reading the "Diary of a wimpy kid" books.

    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete